Applicants in certain classes must have adequate knowledge of either English or French to immigrate or work in Canada.
Language tests are mandatory for the principal applicant (and optional for the Spouse/ Common Law Partner) for:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program
- Canadian Experience Class:
- TEER 0 or 1 CLB 7 or higher in all abilities
- TEER 2 or 3 CLB 5 or higher for each ability
- Federal Trades Program – minimum score CLB 5 for speaking and listening, and CLB 4 reading and writing.
Results for language testing for Immigration must be submitted for Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking.
Language tests are valid for either English and/ or French. The following tests are acceptable:
|IELTS General||TEF Canada|
|Celpip General||TCF Canada|
All the tests above are available at different locations in the UK:
Please note, we generally find that clients get slightly better results with CELPIP tests.
Language test results are valid for 2 years.