1. What is a consultant?
    A Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC) is a fully trained Canadian Immigration expert who has been through extensive training and qualifications. A RCIC is licenced and a member in good standing with the College of Canadian Immigration and Citizenship Consultants (CICC). A RCIC undergoes continuing development and assessments and has to meet a stringent licencing criteria and code of conduct. A RCIC must also be either a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
    The only authorised representatives that the Canadian Government will communicate with and who are authorised under Canadian Immigration law are RCICs, Canadian Lawyers and Paralegals, and Notaries in good standing with the Chambre des notaires du Québec.
  2. Do I need a consultant to apply for a Visa?
    No. You can apply yourself. It is estimated however that over 40% of applicants will use a qualified representative for all or some part of their application. You can also be represented, for a fee, by a Canadian Lawyer, Paralegal or Quebec Notary. You can be represented (but not for a fee) by a third party such as a friend, family member, non-governmental or religious organization. Around 30-40% of all Federal Skilled Worker application are rejected, so using a regulated consultant will reduce your risk of this happening.
  3. Why would I employ a consultant?
    A RCIC can liaise with the Canadian Government, including IRCC, on your behalf and will ensure that your application is correctly filed and completed. They will also know their way around the Immigration process and can present you with options and perspectives that will ensure your best chance of a successful application. Other factors such as equivalency, eligibility, inadmissibility issues will also be addressed. Although a RCIC does not gain you any preferential treatment nor make your application go any faster, it will help your submission.
  4. What is the difference between a consultant and a Lawyer
    A Canadian Lawyer can represent you in court whereas a Canadian Immigration consultant can only represent you up to tribunal Level. A lawyer will have studied and often practiced other areas of the law. A Canadian Immigration Consultant will usually be less expensive than a Lawyer.
  5. If I employ a Consultant, will I still have to do some work?
    In short, yes. An immigration consultant can get your application right but the best applications are where an authorised representative works well in conjunction with a client. There are some things a representative can’t do such as your Medical, Language tests and Sourcing original qualifications.
  1. What is a Phone/ Skype assessment and consultation?
    A full consultation with Mike or Orla will provide an in-depth analysis of your situation and ability to emigrate to Canada, including an assessment of your points and eligibility for the Express Entry and Federal Skilled Worker stream. It’s also your chance to get all the answers you require about how to emigrate, from how the system really works to where would be the best place to live.
  2. What do you do for me?
    We will evaluate your details during your consultation and give you a qualified assessment as to your eligibility under the appropriate immigration programs. Our service includes a holistic approach to your intended move including full relocation advice and information. We handle all your Immigration documentation, file in the correct manner and confirm the process at all stages of your application. Our online file management system will ensure that you are always only a few clicks away from the latest progress of your case.
  3. How much do you charge?
    Our full consultation and assessment (60 minutes) is £99. Charges and fees vary case by case and are dependent on the work carried out and the application filed. An Express Entry submission will usually be divided into an initial profile fee for online application and collation of required documentation, this would normally be £1500; this is followed by the implementation of a specific submission if ‘invited to apply’ and would normally be £2000. We do not add ‘extras’ and you will know from the start what our fees will be for your case.
  4. Submitting a previously rejected application If an application submitted by an applicant has been rejected and you would like to resubmit using a professional service from a regulated consultant, this will often attract an additional fee as we have to do additional checks on documentation.
  5. Are there any other fees
    All our prices are inclusive although you will have to pay Canadian Government Fees, dependent on your application and number of applicants – this is usually paid in CAD$ by your credit or Debit card online, and submitted with your application. Other charges you will usually incur are Medical fees, Educational Credential assessment (ECA) fees and language test fees.
  6. Why would I use Canada Immigration Solutions rather than another consultant?
    We are Qualified and Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants based in the UK. This makes it far easier to connect and meet us in person rather than remotely or just once at an ‘Emigration’ show. Mike and Orla has also been through the Immigration process so knows just how you may be feeling. There is no two ways about it, applying to Emigrate to Canada is very much a life changing decision. You may feel that it is preferable to meet someone in person, someone who had been through what you are going through?
  1. What is Express Entry?                                                                                  Express Entry is not a Canadian Immigration Steam, it is in effect a pre-qualification for most Immigration applications that are not based on family ties. A candidate must meet the requirements of Federal Skilled Worker, Trades or Canadian Experience streams to be accepted into the ‘Pool’ of eligible candidates. All those accepted are ranked through a points system. An accepted profile is valid for one year. If an invitation of apply (ITA) is offered either by means of a Provincial Nomination, a Validated job offer or through a high ranking score, a candidate has just 60 days to apply via an established Immigration stream. The Canadian Federal Government estimate that this application will take around 6 months for full Residency Visas.
  2. What factors can preclude me from Emigrating?
    To be able to emigrate to Canada you (and your family) need to be admissible; there are factors that can prevent you from successfully applying, such as your medical and criminal history. Some can be overcome, some not. To be included in the Express Entry ‘pool’, you will need to be eligible for the Federal Skilled Worker, Trades or Canadian Experience Class streams.
  3. What is the difference between Temporary and Permanent Residency?
    A Permanent Resident (PR) is someone who has acquired Permanent Resident status. A PR is issued with a PR Visa and subsequently a PR card in Canada. A PR can live and work in Canada on a permanent basis, is not tied, for Immigration purposes, to a specific job or position. A PR renews their PR card every 5 years and continues to be a PR as long as they stay in Canada for 2 years out of the five years preceding a renewal of their status. A PR cannot vote in Canada and cannot usually work in certain occupations (Army etc). A Temporary Resident (including a skilled Worker or Student) is a Foreign National in Canada who has been given the right to stay on a Temporary basis on condition that they will leave at the end of their authorised stay. Temporary Residents can, if authorised, work and study in Canada. A Temporary Resident can apply for Permanent Resident status.
  4. How long will an application take?
    This depends on the type of application. Recent developments by the Canadian Government have ensured that application backlogs have been vastly reduced and new application streams mean that many applications, both Provincial and Federal will take less than a year. CIC estimate that once selected and invited to apply through Express Entry, your application for PR will take 6 months or less to be processed.
  5. Can I live in Canada during my application?
    A UK citizen can usually live in Canada for up to six months, but cannot work or study without the required visas. If you have applied for PR and are eligible for a Temporary Work or study permit, your application can continue if you live in Canada on a temporary basis.One advantage of receiving your PR is that you do not have to move to Canada straight away, although you do have to activate your visa within one year of your medical exam. Your PR requires that you are resident in Canada for 2 out of 5 years, this means that you can move to Canada and still keep your PR status up to three years after receiving your visa.
  6. What is the difference between a Permanent Resident and a Canadian Citizen?
    You must be a Permanent Resident for at least two years before you can apply for Canadian Citizenship and have lived in Canada for at least three out of four years before your application. Time spend in Canada as a Temporary residency counts for one half a day towards this requirement.A Canadian Citizen can vote and can hold a Canadian passport; also there are no residency obligations.
  7. Up to what age can my children be included in my application?
    A child is ‘a Dependent’ up to the age of 22, so can be included under as a family member for an application for Canadian Immigration. A son or daughter over the age of 22 will have to apply separately. The child’s age is ‘locked in’ at the stage the Provincial or Federal authorities’ receive your application (although the child may reach the age of 22 during the application process).
  1. Do I need a job to Emigrate to Canada?
    Not necessarily. An Express Entry application and inclusion into the ‘pool’ will enable employers to see your profile; a job offer will increase your points but is not a necessary requirement to being invited to apply. Some application streams including Business and some Provincial streams require other criteria.
  2. Can you get me a job in Canada?
    A requirement of Express Entry is that you have to register on the Canadian Job Board within 30 days, this will give Canadian employers access to your details. Should an employer be interested in your skills and want to offer you a job, the employer has to apply and receive a Labour Market Impact Assessment. CIS offer a job seeking service to you at no charge and as a complementary service to our immigration services. We have extensive contacts in Canada and can put you in touch with the right people, businesses and contacts to make the dream of a job offer a reality.It is very important to get your CV adapted to a Canadian resume, understand the job market including equivalency and if necessary, licencing in your Province of choice. CIS will help you all the way and often have job opportunities in many sectors.
  3. Do you charge me for getting me a job?
    No. It is illegal to charge a client to get them a job in Canada and in some provinces, for example, Nova Scotia, a licence is required and only Consultants and Lawyers can act as a recruiter for Foreign Workers.